Procedures: Event Promotion
The Office of Communications and Brand Marketing promotes the various events and activities held on the campus of the University of the Incarnate Word as well as for the Feik School of Pharmacy, Rosenberg School of Optometry, School of Physical Therapy and the School of Osteopathic Medicine. We also handle the promotional efforts for the campuses of St. Anthony Catholic High School and Incarnate Word High School.
When all facts are ascertained for a particular event there are several steps taken to promote the event to the media and community.
- Story pitches are sent to select reporters or news outlets, teasing the story and testing interest in the story.
- A news release is sent to local, regional, and possibly national media to announce the event.
- Listings are submitted to local community calendars and public service announcement managers for inclusion (at least a month in advance).
- Alternate story angles are pitched (when possible) to local media personalities.
- An advisory (request for coverage) is sent the day prior to the event.
- Follow-up phone calls are made the day of the event to confirm the promotional materials were received and to confirm which outlets will be present.
Notice is included in the daily Word Today e-mail, The Word e-News weekly employee newsletter, website calendar of events, mobile app and Channel 15 plasma screens.
To ensure promotion of your event, please thoroughly fill out and submit a Request for Event Promotion form a minimum of 5 university business days prior to your event.