Enhancing Faculty Support
At UIW our Instructional Designers are trained in instructional pedagogy and theory. Our Instructional Designers can help you plan and develop instructional content for any portion of your course. As well as, they study current research and emerging trends to ensure that the instructional experience is best suited for the goals and objectives for face-2-face, flip classroom, hybrid, and/or online courses.
Our Instructional Designers Can Help You
- Identify the skills learners need to master and then aligning the assessments with measurable learning objectives or outcomes.
- Identify how Blackboard tools can be used effectively in your course and examine which tools to use for specific practices.
- Determine when to shift the instructor's role from lecturer to expert guidance.
- Determine how to employ best practices using “Quality Matters” standards and/or "ADDIE Model".
Course Development Resources
- Introducing Quality Matters (PDF)
- Sample Welcome Letter
- Sample Course Outline
- Sample Course Modules (PDF)
- Sample Measurable Objectives (PDF)
- Sample Course Menu
- Sample Rubric (PDF)
- Sample Discussion Instructions (PDF)