UIW Virtual Lab
Get Acquainted with vLab@Everywhere
UIW students can utilize the convenience of using academic software from anywhere on campus, including the residence halls and beyond. The days of being tethered to a physical computer lab and its hours of operation are over! vLab@Everywhere provides easy access to UIW site-licensed software applications from everywhere on campus that has a wired or wifi network connection.
Using their own laptops, students are able to use tools like SPSS, JMP, Chemdraw, Minitab, Gerber Fashion, Mathematica and more from the comfort of their dorm room or even sitting on a bench outside. They do so without worrying about software installs, version mishaps, operating system compatibility, or simply fitting “open lab hours” into their schedule. vLab@Everywhere works on Mac, PC, Linux, Chromebooks, or any laptop with a web browser. Specialty physical computer labs will continue to be maintained in several schools but vLab@Everywhere enables student Cardinals to spread their wings!
To experience vLab@Everywhere:
- Navigate to the Virtual Computer Lab
- Enter your UIW email address
- Log in using your UIW credentials (same as Cardinal Apps and email)
- Click on the vLab icon
- Alternatively, if you'd like to use the Microsoft RDP desktop app (available for Windows and Mac) you can click on the gear in the upper right of this window > download the .rdp file. Once the vLab icon is clicked, it will download a .rdp file you can open up with the desktop app for more features and a smoother experience!
- Allow system to load and begin your exploration of the Virtual Lab!
... and vLab@Everywhere goes off-campus and around the world!