Office 365 Important Information
The Information Technology is pleased to report that the implementation of the Microsoft Office 365 productivity suite of applications is successfully completed for all members of the UIW community. While there are several innovative apps to explore and to adopt into your day-to-day activities, training offerings to the community and support efforts for the next few months will focus on:
- Outlook web email
- Personal and room resource calendaring
- OneDrive personal and shared file storage
- Using Groups and Forms
Installing Office 365
The following tutorials will help you to set up Office 2016, use the OneDrive, and Access Office Online
Using Office 365
- Tame Your Email and Calendar
- Manage Your Inbox
- Mail Etiquette (PDF)
- Outlook Features and Functions (PDF)
- Move and edit PST (mail) files (PDF)
- Share Calendar (PDF)
- Choose How to Reply
- Smarter Attachments
- Command Your Calendar
- Find Out Who's Available
- Unite Our Team with Groups
- Get Caught Up with Your Team
- Communicate with Your Team
- Collaborate with Your Team
- Schedule with Your Team
- Organize Your Team's Tasks
- Get a New Team Member Up to Speed
OneDrive for Business is the service used by UIW for faculty, students and staff document storage in the cloud. As you read the tutorials, remember that OneDrive for Business is synonymous with OneDrive - University of the Incarnate Word.
- What is OneDrive?
- OneDrive Basics
- OneDrive Quick Start
- Storing Files in the Cloud
- Upload Files and Folders
- Create Files and Folders
- Delete and restore files
- What is File Sharing?
- Store, Share and Sync Files
- Share OneDrive Files and Folders
- Share Files, Folders and Links
- Share Files in a Site Library
- Collaboration and Co-Authoring
- Stop File Sharing
- Document Versioning
- OneDrive File Security
- Getting Started with Office Online
- Learn Your Way Around Office 365
- Intro to Office Online Basics
- Save a document
- Add comments to documents
- Co-authoring Office Documents
- Basic Tasks in Word Online
- Share a Word Document
- Co-Author a Word Document
- Basic Tasks in Excel Online
- Share an Excel Workbook
- Co-Author an Excel Workbook
- Basic Tasks in PowerPoint Online
- Share a PowerPoint Presentation
- Co-Author a PowerPoint Presentation
- What are Forms?
- Create a Form (PDF)
- Create a Form
- Create a Quiz
- Adjust Form or Quiz Settings
- Collect Responses to a Form or Quiz
- Check Results (Form)
- Check Results (Quiz)
- Add a Picture to a Question
- Add a Video to a Question
- Share a Form to Collaborate
- Use Branching
- Copy a Form
- Delete a Form
- Block Internet Access During a Quiz
- Work together seamlessly
- Save a presentation to OneDrive for Business using your tablet
- Edit a presentation on a tablet
- Share a presentation with teammates
- Collaborate on a presentation
- Find and open a Word document on a tablet
- Copy a chart from Excel to a Word document on a tablet
- Share a folder in OneDrive for Business with teammates
- Co-edit a Word document with teammates
Office 365 FAQ's
How Big is My Mailbox?
Each user receives a 50 Gigabyte mailbox. This is 50 times the storage space UIW previously provided. In the summer of 2017 Microsoft will upgrade each mailbox to 100 Gigabytes.
How Large are the Attachments I Can Send?
In the Windows version of Outlook, the max file attachment size limit is 150 Megabytes. In the Mac version of Outlook, the max file attachment size is 35 Megabytes. Using the Outlook Web Client, the max attachment size is 112 Megabytes.
In more detail: Email limits page
Are there Restrictions on File Names?
Yes. Files names CAN NOT contain any of the following characters #, %, <, >, :, ", |, ?, *, /, \. Additionally folders can not start with _t or _w. Click the link below for more details.
What is the Largest File I Can Copy in OneDrive?
Users can copy a single file up to 10 Gigabytes in size.
Skype for Business
How many simultaneous users can I have on a Skype video chat?
Skype supports 250 users simultaneously.
Do I Still Receive Additional Copies of Office?
Yes. Each user can download and install the full version of Office on up to 5 computers as well as an additional 5 mobile devices such as a tablet or smartphone.
Download instructions are provided on the O365 Setup tabs to the left.