May 2020 Virtual Ceremony
A Special Message from the Registrar to the Cardinal Community
Thank you so much for your patience, as we have worked to provide you with the needed information regarding the University of the Incarnate Word’s Spring 2020 Virtual Commencement Ceremony. We understand that this is not what you planned for, but rest assured our team is working hard to provide you with a unique and memorable experience.
We are pleased to announce that UIW’s Virtual Commencement Ceremonies will be held on Saturday, May 30, 2020. On this date, UIW will celebrate commencement for all schools and programs. Please see information below:
- 4:00 PM - Virtual commencement ceremony for undergraduate and graduate/doctoral students of the following schools/programs:
- College of Humanities Arts and Social Sciences
- Dreeben School of Education
- H-E-B School of Business and Administration
- Ila Faye Miller School of Nursing and Health Professions
- School of Optometry – Undergraduate Program ONLY
- School of Mathematics, Science and Engineering
- School of Media and Design
- School of Osteopathic Medicine – Graduate Program ONLY
- School of Professional Studies
- 6:00 PM - Virtual commencement ceremony for the following schools:
- Feik School of Pharmacy
- Rosenberg School of Optometry
- School of Physical Therapy
The Virtual Ceremonies will include every element possible to embody a traditional commencement event, including a presidential address, conferral of degrees, and other unique aspects, including special slides for each graduate. Graduates will be emailed instructions to upload their name, a personal message and a photo for their individual “slide.” The ceremonies will be livestreamed by the University and will remain available for viewing after each premiere. More information, including the site where the ceremony will be viewable, will be forthcoming.
To mark this special occasion, all students participating in the Virtual Ceremony will receive a commemorative box with keepsake items unique to this event. To ensure you receive your gift, please review, and update your information in BannerWeb by May 1 to reflect your current mailing address and contact information.
For questions regarding the 2020 Virtual Commencement Ceremony, please visit our dedicated page with FAQs about commencement policies and procedures.
For any questions and concerns not addressed in the FAQ, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please continue to check your UIW email for updates and announcements, including how you can invite your family and friends to a virtual watch party.