Academic Standing and Dean's List Spring 2020
Due to the unprecedented events of Spring and Summer 2020 semesters and the transition to exclusive online course delivery, the Dean's List has been suspended for Spring 2020. Students who would traditionally be awarded this honor will not be recognized for the honor, for the Spring 2020 semester. The designation will also not appear on student transcripts with GPAs reflective of Dean's List status.
The Dean's List will be restored for the Fall 2020 semester. Please also note that the Dean's List is an honor that is not assessed during any Summer semester/term.
For additional information on the Dean's List, please visit the Student Success Provost Office website.
Any inquiries regarding this policy should be directed to the Office of the Dean of Student Success at (210) 805-5813.
Note: the information below relates only to University Academic Standing. Students should confer with program chairs concerning guidelines for academic standing in particular programs.
In conjunction with the Provost's approval of the S/U grading option and extended withdrawal (W), for the Spring and Summer 2020 semesters, Academic Standing policy has been adjusted for Spring 2020. Given the events of the semester that resulted in a transition from face-to-face to exclusive online course delivery, these policy adjustments are intended to further benefit students when they otherwise would have been academically penalized.
Please be aware that these policy modifications only apply to the Spring 2020 semester. Established Academic Standing policy will resume for the Fall 2020 semester, going forward. Please also note that Academic Standing is not assessed for any Summer semester/term.
Students should direct any inquiries regarding this policy to their academic advisor.
Please see the information below for clarification on individual academic standing intervention outcomes:
- If a student was in good standing and passed courses, s/he would remain on good standing
- If a student was in good standing and did not pass courses, s/he would remain on good standing
- If a student was on probation and earned a GPA that meets the good standing requirement, s/he would advance to good standing
- If a student was on probation and did not pass courses, s/he would remain on probation
- No student will be academically suspended/dismissed as a result of spring 2020 academic performance