Forms for Faculty-Led Study Abroad

University of the Incarnate Word Study Abroad Students in South Korea

  • Faculty-led Study Abroad Programs, as defined by the University of the Incarnate Word (UIW), are short-term (within a semester) academic based programs, which involve student's receiving academic credit for a course. The course includes a study abroad component or the professor may assign an alternate assignment equal to the value of the study abroad component, for those students who do not travel with the class. Courses which include a faculty-led study abroad component must be approved by the faculty's dean prior to offering the course.
  • Faculty-led study abroad programs may encompass different details, locations, and academic objectives; however, all faculty are required to visit with their dean and obtain approval prior to creating and offering the course. In addition, a personal visit with an Int'l Affair's representative and/or the Study Abroad Office helps ensure that the faculty obtain the updated requirements and/or information before promoting the program to students and the UIW community. An Int'l Affair's representative and/or the Study Abroad Office will provide further details regarding the additional steps required. These two important preliminary steps will help ensure the successful implementation of a faculty-led study abroad program.

Please contact the Study Abroad Office (210) 805-5709 for additional information and planning advice.

Documents to be submitted to the Study Abroad Office before departure:

  1. Faculty International Travel Approval Form
  2. Student Roster for Faculty-led Study Abroad
  3. Faculty-led Study Abroad Agreement (for students)
  4. Faculty Waiver and Release Agreement
  5. Photo copies of participant's passports (including faculty)
  6. Copy of flight itinerary


  1. Faculty led Study Abroad - Overview
  2. Faculty-led Study Abroad - Best Practices
  3. Faculty-led Study Abroad - Safety

Supporting documents:

  1. Student Group - Int'l Health Insurance Form - for Comptroller's Office & Study Abroad Office

International Workers' Compensation insurance for Faculty:

  1. Faculty International Health Insurance Card
  2. International Workers’ Compensation Insurance (Chubb) Information
    1. Faculty who travel, within a 90 day period and under an official university capacity, are automatically covered under the UIW International Workers' Compensation Insurance policy. As with any medical issue or emergency experienced while performing official university duties, the UIW Human Resource Department must be notified of the incident. Please contact the UIW Human Resource Department for additional information.