International SOS (ISOS): International SOS provides medical, security, and logistical expertise to help safeguard our international travelers.
Please email Javier Lozano, Ph.D., Director of International Affairs or Ms. Austin Pershing, Coordinator of Sister School Partnerships in order to obtain UIW's official ISOS member number required to access this service.
Below are two links to help you get started:
Download the International SOS app to gain access to:
- One-click dialing to the closest International SOS Assistance Centre, for immediate help;
- Mobile-friendly medical and travel security information to prepare for trips, with deeper content a further tap away;
- Latest medical and travel security alerts, delivering travel advice before and during trips; and
- Favorite country content for fast navigation to travelers’ most used information.
Go to: www.internationalsos.com
- Choose country guide(s) with important travel and security advice;
- Sign up for email alerts; and
- Print your membership card.
In the event of an international emergency
ISOS will initially address and manage international emergencies. UIW International Affairs Representatives will be in regular communication with both ISOS and CISI in order to evaluate the incident and the appropriate action(s).
In an emergency, International SOS can ensure faculty, staff, administrators and students acquire immediate care whether it requires evacuating them to a center of medical excellence or closely monitoring their condition with local doctors.
International SOS can also take care of details associated with the traveler's situation, such as making travel arrangements for family members so they can focus on getting better.
UIW International Affairs key personnel have access to the ISOS software and online resources, which will be implemented in an event of an international emergency.
For non-medical emergencies, International SOS will help UIW faculty, staff, administrators and students locate a qualified health care provider, obtain a prescription, or simply answer any general medical or security concern they may have so they get quality medical care and advice.