Searching for Grant Opportunities
There are many places to search for grant opportunities, such as
- grants.gov - The search engine for all federally-funded grant programs currently accepting applications. You can also sign up to receive regular updates on new grant opportunities as soon as they are published.
- A very helpful page from a Member of Congress brings together fantastic grants preparation resources: Grants Resources
- GuideStar - Allows you to search for private foundations by name, location, and funding interest (registration is free).
- NSF FastLane - This is a website of the National Science Foundation and includes a list of grant opportunities. The NSF focuses on the STEM fields and the social sciences.
- Use key word searches on Internet search engines like Google and Yahoo!
- Ask the Grants Office staff for additional resources or ideas.