The Cardinal Card office is located in the Student Engagement Center, suite 3150.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I get a Cardinal ID card?
New Students: are welcome to come into the Cardinal Card office (located in the Student Engagement Center, suite 3150) to acquire their ID card. The office is open M-F from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. or stop by after orientation sessions on Wednesday evenings June 16, June 30, July 14, July 28, August 4 or August 18, 2021. Students must provide their student ID number (PIDM) and a screen shot of their Fall 2021 class schedule.
How do I re-order my Cardinal ID card?
Returning students needing a replacement for a lost Cardinal ID, may come into the Cardinal Card office to request a reprint. Please include your student ID number (PIDM), a copy of your current school schedule that identifies your name on the schedule. A $15 replacement fee will be charged to your account. Virtual students can request to have ID’s mailed to their permanent address on file.
What can I do with the Cardinal Card?
The Cardinal Card will allow you
- Security access to designated areas with permission from the Dean of the specific school or building. (The Request Form can be found on the Environmental Health, Safety and Risk Management webpage under DSX Access Request.)
- Security access to your residence hall if you live on campus.
- The Cardinal Card is used by residence at all dining facilities on campus.
- Printing ability at various locations on campus to include the library and help desk in the SEC, room # 0040.
- Permits access to the wellness center and natatorium facilities.
- Commuters can utilize a discount at the dining facilities on campus. (Funds can be placed on Cardinal Card via CashNet in Cardinal Apps or at the business office.)
- Access to athletic events, theatre shows and all campus engagement programs.
- Ability to check out books, laptops and movies or reserve a study room in the library.
- Used as valid verification at the testing center, or other student services departments on campus.
- Ability to put funds on your account to be used at the bookstore.
- The Cardinal Card is used to track participation at SGA/CAB and campus community service events.
- Serves as a valid ID to pick up packages in the UIW post office.
- Required to check out video games, billiard supplies and other items in Red's Pub/Student Center.
- Utilize student discounts at various museums, restaurants theatres.
Any questions regarding the Cardinal Card can directed to the Campus Life office, in the Student Engagement Center, suite 3150 or call (210) 829-6034.