Events and Programs
Check out this year's calendar of events!
The SGA General Assembly includes all the Senators and Executive Board members in addition to all club representatives and students. All students are welcome to attend these meetings. All updates from the Student Government are announced during these meetings. Audience: All students welcomed and encourage
The Senate meets each Wednesday on a monthly basis to vote on proposals and other matters as submitted by its committees and constituents. Audience: Executive Officers (Invited Guests) and Senators.
Keep a lookout for all other types of events held by the Student Government Association and keep updated by following our social media.
- Every year, In October, is the the kickoff to the campus-wide Food Drive that is hosted by the Student Government Association in an effort to stock our UIW Cardinal Cupboard and help our community partners SA Food Bank.
Annual Tree Lighting Ceremony
- Every year, in November, before the San Antonio Light the Way event, there is a student-led Tree Lighting Ceremony hosted by the Student Government Association and the Campus Activities Board. This is a Christmas celebration for the student community to kickoff the holiday season.
Annual Student Open Forum
- Every year, in the Spring, there is a panel of UIW Administrative Leadership who will present a University update, followed be student questions.
Student Government Elections
- Every Spring, there are a series of events including Early Voting, and Election Day, for our incoming Student Body President and Vice-President.
- Every Spring, there is a week of city-wide recognition for universities coordinate events and programs regarding recycling and sustainability efforts. Join the cause and go green!
Leadership Awards Night
- Join in recognizing different student groups and student leaders at our annual Student Leadership Awards Night. This event happens at the end of each Spring semester.