What is Handshake?
Handshake is a recruiting platform connecting UIW students to top tier companies. Through Handshake, you will be able to:
- Schedule an appointment with a Career Advisor
- Search and apply for full-time/part-time jobs
- Search and apply for internships
- Register for Career Services events
- Connect with fellow students, alumni and employers
If you are a current student, you automatically have access to Handshake through Cardinal Apps. Below are steps to access Handshake.
You will need to create an account with your personal email address through Joinhandshake.com. Once your account has been created, Career Services will approve your account for access.
- Sign up with an .edu email address. Example: email@example.com.
- Fill out your Information and Create Account.
- Finally, confirm your email through the link provided in your inbox.
How can I use Handshake to Attend a Career Services Event?
Registration is done through Handshake. If you already have your profile created, simply search the career fair.
If you have not completed your profile, you can do so through Cardinal Apps. Upon completion, you will be able to search the fair.
Follow these steps: