Request Accommodations

It's as easy as 1, 2, 3!

    1. Gather your medical/professional documentation: Documentation Guidelines

    2. Submit a request(s) for accommodations to Student Disability Services for review:

      Request for Letters of Accommodation (Classroom)
      Request for Housing Accommodation

      Documentation can be uploaded within the online request for letters of accommodation form above. Otherwise, it can be faxed or delivered to Student Disability Services. Please set-up an appointment time if you wish to deliver your documentation. 

    3. Submit a summary of what barriers you are encountering in the learning environment . Likewise, please include what accommodations you may have utilized in the past that have helped you  and any specific requests that you may have. Part of this step includes scheduling a brief meeting (30 min max) to discuss your summary.

      Once this information is submitted, you will receive communication from an SDS representative to finalize the process. However, if you have further questions about the process, contact us as soon as possible. Questions can be sent to Michelle Beasley, Manager of Student Disability Services, via email at or call (210) 829-3997.

    NOTE: All letters of accommodations are being sent to faculty electronically upon the student’s request to this office. Accommodations are not retroactive and begin the day the professor receives the letter of
    accommodation from the student.

    After the initial registration with Student Disability Services, students are responsible for submitting a new request for classroom accommodations each subsequent semester. No further documentation is needed unless additional accommodations are needed. An individualized assessment will be conducted to determine reasonable accommodations.

    Temporary Disabilities

    Student Disability Services will provide reasonable accommodations for students dealing with the inconvenience that accompanies unforeseen medical conditions. To inquire about possible services and accommodations for a temporary disability, contact the Office of Student Disability Services.