Updates and Information
TRiO 2020-2021 Application is now available
If you meet one of the criterion below, please apply here.
Welcome to TRiO Student Support Services!
TRiO Student Support Services is a graduation, retention, persistence program designed to help participants meet their academic goals and graduate. This federally funded program is of no cost to students. TRiO is funded to provide 200 students with additional support while at UIW.
The many benefits of participating in TRiO include:
- Tutoring and Peer Mentor Program
- Fall Summer Bridge
- Academic and Personal Advising
- Academic Workshops
- Access to Computer/Study Lab
- Financial Aid Application Assistance
- Financial Literacy Education
- Individualized Scholarship Search
- Graduate School Exploration
- Career Preparation Advising
- Academic and Cultural Events
Qualified applicants will have one (or more) of the following:
- Qualifying financial status (see application)
- First-generation status (neither parent has graduated from a 4-year institution)
- A learning or physical disability (students have registered with UIW Student Disability Services)
TRiO Student Support Services is a grant program, federally funded by the US Department of Education, designed to serve 200 students from 2015-2020.