Work at the WLC
We hire writing tutors who are motivated, responsible, and ready to guide UIW undergraduate students in improving their writing, regardless of the students' skill level. Working at the WLC will give you the chance to be a positive influence on students and to enhance your own writing and leadership skills.
All WLC employees must have
- A minimum overall GPA of 3.0
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- A patient, empathetic attitude toward inexperienced writers
- The ability to maintain confidentiality
To apply, you need to submit
- An application through the Cardinal Talent portal
- Search for "Peer Tutor (Student Position)" to find the current posting. Department will be listed as Learning Support Center.
- 2 faculty recommendations addressing your writing skills
- An academic writing sample
- An unofficial copy of your most up-to-date transcript
If you have any questions, please contact the Program Leader for the Writing and Learning Center, Charlie Briggs, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (210) 283-6326. You may also contact the Director of Learning Support Services, Dr. Amanda Johnston, at email@example.com or (210) 805-5856.
Note: The Writing and Learning Center is connected to Tutoring Services. You are welcome to apply to be a tutor for writing and/or course content.