Before the Exam:
- Exams are given on Monday-Thursday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Contact University Testing Services at (210) 829-3876 to schedule an appointment two to three days before your exam.
- You can also request an appointment online through the University Testing Services webpage by clicking here.
- Inform your professor of the date and time of your appointment.
- If you do not make an appointment and show up to take your exam as a “walk-in," Testing Services’ staff may not be able to accommodate you. We strongly recommend that you make an appointment.
- Cancellations: If you must cancel your testing appointment, please contact University Testing Services at least one hour before your appointment. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; phone: (210) 829-3876. Repeated failure to do so may jeopardize future use of the Testing Services facilities.
- Clear any rescheduling changes with your instructor prior to rescheduling with University Testing Services.
The Day of the Exam:
- Arrive to testing room (216 Adm. Bldg.) at least 10 minutes before your appointed time.
- Upon arrival, sign in (student log).
- Present a UIW photo ID card or a current photo ID. If you do not have a picture ID, you will not be allowed to take your exam.
- You can bring any materials your professor has authorized you to use during the exam.
- The following items are not allowed in the testing room: cell phones, backpacks, purses, personal laptops, food, beverages, textbooks, notebooks.
- Your personal items will be placed in a designated secure area until you finish the exam.
- If proctors detect any unauthorized items in your possession while testing, your exam will be confiscated, and your professor notified.
- If you need to use the restroom, give the test to the proctor. Upon returning, your test will be returned to you.
- It is highly recommended that you take a bathroom break before entering the testing room. Bathroom breaks taken during a timed exam are part of the total test time; therefore, you will have less actual time for the exam.