Contact and Appointment Information
In light of the current COVID-19 pandemic, the Office of Career Services will now be assisting students virtually through Skype/Zoom, Email/Chat, and phone. Please make your appointment via- Handshake or by calling our office.
Students and Alumni:
- If you are a current student, you have access to Handshake through Cardinal Apps. Please do not create a new account.
- Please include your full name and student ID on your email.
- To see a list of our virtual events, visit our website. Registration is done through Handshake.
- Alumni, if you wish to access Handshake, please create an account. Our staff will approve you upon enrollment verification.
- GRADUATING CARDINALS: If you wish to change your Handshake @student.uiwtx.edu email to a personal email, please complete the following:
- Email email@example.com with your student (@student.uiwtx.edu) email and the personal email you would like it to be switched to
- To schedule an appointment with a Career Advisor, please login to Handshake.
As always, we will continue to support your needs and work collaboratively with our community to ensure you stay on track with your career readiness plan.
Career Services is committed to educating UIW students and Alumni in their career exploration development. Services include individual career counseling, personality and career assessment, resume and cover letter review, career-related workshops, and programs to assist with the necessary skills needed for post-graduation success. In addition, we foster relationships with campus departments and external employers to enhance internship job and career opportunities during the student lifecycle and beyond.
To empower students to explore their interests and talents, develop their personal brand, and gain professional experience in order to make the successful transition from college to a profession.
Location and Hours
Where is Career Services located?
- We are located in the Student Engagement Center, Suite 3030 (3rd floor)
What are the operating hours of Career Services?
- Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
How do I make an appointment with Career Services?
- Appointments are made through Handshake.
What types of appointments can I make with Career Services?
- Resume/Cover Review
- Personality and Career Assessment
- Career/Major Exploration
- Mock Interview
- Grad School Prep
- And many more!
Handshake is our NEW recruiting platform for UIW students. Through Handshake, employers are able to connect with our students for employment/internship opportunities. Our students can also find career resources, apply for jobs, schedule appointments (PDF) and register for career events!