The UIW Pre-Health Advising Team provides quality advising and health career exploration to ensure students develop realistic educational and career plans, while taking full advantage of their university experience. While we know that the path to Professional School can be daunting, we are here to guide you through both the academic rigors of a pre-health degree, as well as the complexities of the application process. Please take a moment to explore our web site and all of the wonderful resources the Pre-Health Advising Team has to offer.
The UIW Pre-Health Advising Team serves those students who wish to pursue a career in healthcare. Our goal is to provide information concerning professional school expectations, preparation requirements, and application processes, as well as ensure the development of professional practitioners that embody the university's core values of Education, Truth, Faith, Service and Innovation.
What Can Pre-Health Advising Do For You?
As Pre-Health Professions Advisors, our goal is to ensure that you make informed decisions about your professional future. We do this by providing up-to-date information on Professional Career Paths,and the Application Process, as well as connecting you with valuable community and university resources. Overall, our goal is to make you a strong candidate for your chosen professional pathway.
- Help Students select a Health Professions Career;
- Provide Information on various Health Professions;
- Assess Student Progress for Academic Preparation for entering Professional School;
- Identify ways for Students to Gain Exposure and Experience in chosen Profession;
- Provide Information on University and Community Opportunities to strengthen Student Preparation;
- Guide students through Application Process to ensure successful and timely completion;
- Provide guidance on obtaining Letters of Reference for Student Applications.
UAC Pre-Health Advisors
Dr. Roxanna Nelson
Candace M. Gengenbacher
Chapel Building, Room 14
UIW Pre-Health Faculty Advisors
Dr. Rachell Booth
Dr. Bonnie McCormick
UIW Professional School Advisors
School of Osteopathic Medicine (SOM)
Dr. Amanda Galan-DavÍla
Broadway Campus Tues 8 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
UIW School of Physical Therapy (SOPT)
Dr. Alexis Ortiz
Broadway Campus Tues and Fri By Appointment
Feik School of Pharmacy (FSOP)
Candace M. Gengenbacher
Broadway Campus Mon, Wed and Thurs 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Rosenberg School of Optometry (RSO)
On Main Campus Tues 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.