Please review the degree plan for the major you are interested in first. You can review the requirements for the major you are interested in through Degree Works (online degree evaluation) program. If you need help reviewing this information please contact our office at (210) 805-5814 to set up an appointment with an academic advisor.
- Degree plans and four year degree sequence sheets are also available on the UAC Student Resource page.
- You can facilitate a degree audit anytime through Degree Works. Degree Works is an automated degree audit program that can provide students with an Unofficial degree audit. We recommend that students generate a degree audit at the end of each semester.
- Official degree audits are issued when the student has applied to graduate through the Registrars office. Students should apply to graduate no more than one year prior to the anticipated date of graduation. If you are in your final year of enrollment, you should visit with your Faculty Advisor. The Registrars office sends your Faculty Advisor your graduation packet when you are nearing the completion of your degree.
- Click here for step by step instructions on how to generate a degree audit.
- Your Faculty Advisor can provide an unofficial degree audit for you as well. To find out who your advisor is, follow these instructions:
- Login to Cardinal Apps
- Click the Cardinal Apps - Banner tab
- Click on Banner 8 Student Services Student Information icon
- Select the current term and click Submit
- Your advisor's name can be found under Primary Advisor
You can find your advisor's contact information on the online directory.
Come into the University Advising Center and fill out an Add/Drop Form.
If you are a current and undeclared or new and/or first-time transfer student, you will be advised by the University Advising Center until you are assigned to a faculty advisor. If you are not assigned to a faculty advisor and have questions on your Core/Major requirements please contact our office at (210) 805-5814.
If you're thinking about changing your major, please consider the following when making your decision:
- Have you done a what if analysis through Degree Works in BannerWeb?
- A what if analysis gives you the opportunity to filter the courses that you have completed so far into the degree plan for the major of your choice.
- Doing a what if analysis through Degree Works gives you an idea of when you would be able to graduate if you change your major and what courses you would have left to complete.
- Have you talked to Career Services?
- The Office of Career Services and Professional Development offers individual career counseling, personality and career assessment, career related workshops, etc.
- Get more information on what Career Services is offering students
- Get some more information on career paths
- Get some more information on certain majors
- Still have some more questions?
- Contact the University Advising Center to set up an appointment by phone at: (210) 805-5814