Each January, UIW prepares IRS Form 1098-T for all eligible students. This form can be used to figure and claim educational tax credits.
For more detailed information, please refer to Internal Revenue Service Form 8863 or Pub. 970 Tax Benefits for Education.
The university will publish a copy of IRS Form 1098-T through the ePayment center located in your Cardinal Apps portal. You may also obtain your 1098-T information in your Bannerweb account. Click on the link below for detailed instructions.
1098-T forms will be published no later than January 31st, and will remain available indefinitely. An email notification will be sent when the form is published.
To obtain a paper copy, please contact the Business Office at (210) 829-6043 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Social Security Number-Local Students
If you did not provide your SSN to the university at the time of admission or when applying for financial assistance, present your original social security card to the Registrar's Office to have it recorded in your student account. This will ensure that your SSN is reflected on the 1098-T.
*Note that the Registrar's Office does not accept copies of the SS card. You must provide an original card to have your SSN added to your student record.
**If you are unable to present your social security card in person, please follow the steps for Distant/Online Students below.
Social Security Number-Distant/Online Students
- Student generates affidavit of identification (e.g. W-9S)
- Student presents affidavit/documentation and government-issued identification to any Notary Public
- Notary Public verifies student identification and authenticates signature
- Notary Public notarizes affidavit/alternate documentation
- Student mails (certified preferred) copies of SSN card and government-issued identification, AND original affidavit/documentation to UIW Registrar's Office
University of the Incarnate Word
Office of the Registrar
4301 Broadway, CPO 304
San Antonio, TX 78209