All full-time, main campus students (undergraduate 12 or more hours, graduate 6 or more hours, all professional programs, PhD programs 6 or more hours) and ALL international students (enrolled in 1 or more credit hours) are automatically billed for student health insurance.
Domestic students who currently have health insurance, or are on their parent's health insurance, can submit an insurance waiver to have the fee removed from their bill.
International students are required to maintain the UIW health insurance, provided by Consolidated Health Plans. Per University of the Incarnate Word policy, international students are not allowed to waive the coverage.
Students who fail to submit an insurance waiver by the posted deadline will be responsible for the health insurance fee on their student bill, NO EXCEPTIONS.Summary of Benefits Flier (PDF)
CHP Insurance Brochure (PDF)
Health Insurance Waiver
Insurance Waiver Deadlines
- Annual / Fall Semester: September 15, 2018
- waiver is valid for fall, spring, and summer
- Spring / Summer Semester: January 31, 2019 (new / transfer students only)
- Note: Spring / Summer waiver will not be available for returning students
How to Waive Coverage
- Click the red "Health Insurance Waiver" link above
- Click on the "Waive for NEW High School, Medical, Domestic and Scholars" button in the "Enroll / Waive" column
- Check the box to agree to the terms of the waiver
- Click the "Waive" button to proceed to the waiver application, and fill out your information
- Once completed, a confirmation email will be sent to the email address used when submitting the waiver
- if you do not receive a confirmation email, please contact CHP for assistance
Once the waiver is approved, the fee will be removed from the student's tuition bill. Please allow 5-7 business days from notification of the approval for the health insurance waiver to be applied to the bill.
To enroll in coverage after the deadline due to a Qualifying Life Event (QLE)*, please contact:
Compliance and Contracts Coordinator
Student Assurance Services, Inc.
P.O. Box 196
Stillwater, MN 55082
*QLE includes but is not limited to: loss of previous health insurance, loss of spouse, or birth of a child