All full-time, main campus students (undergraduate 12 or more hours, graduate 6 or more hours, all professional programs, and PhD programs 6 or more hours) and ALL international students (enrolled in 1 or more credit hours) are automatically billed for student health insurance.
Domestic students may waive (*annually) the school-sponsored insurance by demonstrating comparable health insurance coverage. International students do not have the option to waive the student health insurance.
Students who fail to submit an insurance waiver by the posted deadline will be responsible for the full premium amount.
*ALL eligible students must complete and submit a health insurance waiver annually, prior to the fall semester deadline.
Insurance Waiver Deadlines
- Annual / Fall Semester: September 13, 2020
- Valid for Fall, Spring, and Summer
- Spring / Summer Semester: January 31, 2021
- Valid for Spring and Summer
- Only for new / transfer students
How to Waive Coverage
- Visit the Health Insurance Waiver link provided above.
- Click on the Waive section and select the Domestic Students ONLY- Waive button.
- Check the box to agree to the terms of the waiver.
- Proceed to the waiver application and fill out the required information.
- We recommend using your Cardinal email when filling out the application.
A confirmation email will be sent to the email address provided. A notification of the approval will follow within 1-2 business days. Please allow 5-7 business days from notification of approval for the waiver to be applied to the student bill.
To enroll in coverage after the deadline due to a Qualifying Life Event (QLE)*, please contact:
Student Assurance Services, Inc., P.O. Box 196, Stillwater, MN 55082
*QLE includes but is not limited to: loss of previous health insurance, loss of spouse, or birth of a child.