ALL full-time, main campus students* are automatically billed for student health insurance. Domestic students have the option to waive** the annual premium by demonstrating comparable health insurance coverage***. International students are not eligible to waive the student health insurance.
Students who fail to submit an insurance waiver by the posted deadline (refer to academic calendar) will be responsible for the full premium.
*Full-time students (UG 12+ hours, GR 6+ hours, Professional programs, and Doctoral 6+ hours) are defined as main campus students enrolled in the traditional 16-week semester (8-week programs are not eligible). International students are automatically billed when enrolled in 1+ hours.
**Waiver is submitted online ONLY – refer to Health Insurance Waiver link below.
**Refer to Summary of Benefits Flyer to compare coverage.
Insurance Waiver Deadlines
- Annual / Fall Semester: September 13, 2020
- Valid for Fall, Spring, and Summer
- Spring / Summer Semester: January 31, 2021
- Valid for Spring and Summer
- Only for new / transfer students
How to Waive Coverage
- Visit the Health Insurance Waiver link provided above.
- Click on the Enroll Dependents or Waive section.
- Select Create a New Account and enter the following:
- Last Name
- UIW Student ID (do NOT include the W0)
- Date of Birth
- You will be redirected to your Wellfleet account where you can proceed to the waiver application.
- If you are having issues with the health insurance waiver please contact us at email@example.com
A confirmation email will be sent to the email address provided. A notification of the approval will follow within 1-2 business days. Please allow 5-7 business days from notification of approval for the waiver to be applied to the student bill.
How to Enroll
Eligible students are automatically enrolled in the student health insurance in early August. If you submit a waiver before the deadline and it is approved you will be removed from the student health insurance.
To enroll in coverage after the deadline due to a Qualifying Life Event (QLE)*, please contact:
Student Assurance Services, Inc., P.O. Box 196, Stillwater, MN 55082
*QLE includes but is not limited to: loss of previous health insurance, loss of spouse, or birth of a child.