All full-time, main campus students (undergraduate 12 or more hours, graduate 6 or more hours, all professional programs, and PhD programs 6 or more hours) and ALL international students (enrolled in 1 or more credit hours) are automatically billed for student health insurance.
Domestic students may waive the school-sponsored insurance by demonstrating comparable health insurance coverage. International students do not have the option to waive the student health insurance.
Students who fail to submit an insurance waiver by the posted deadline will be responsible for the full premium amount.Summary of Benefits Flyer (PDF)
Health Insurance Waiver
Insurance Waiver Deadlines
- Annual / Fall Semester: September 6, 2019
- waiver is valid for Fall, Spring, and Summer
- Spring / Summer Semester: January 31, 2020 (new / transfer students only)
- Spring / Summer waiver will not be available for returning students
How to Waive Coverage
- Click the red "Health Insurance Waiver" link above
- Click on the "Waive for NEW High School, Medical, Domestic and Scholars" button in the "Enroll / Waive" column
- Check the box to agree to the terms of the waiver
- Click the "Waive" button to proceed to the waiver application, and fill out your information
- Once completed, a confirmation email will be sent to the email address used when submitting the waiver
- if you do not receive a confirmation email, please contact CHP for assistance
Once the waiver is approved, the fee will be removed from the student's tuition bill. Please allow 5-7 business days from notification of the approval for the health insurance waiver to be applied to the bill.
To enroll in coverage after the deadline due to a Qualifying Life Event (QLE)*, please contact:
Student Assurance Services, Inc., P.O. Box 196, Stillwater, MN 55082
*QLE includes but is not limited to: loss of previous health insurance, loss of spouse, or birth of a child