Save the Date - Room Reservation and Closing Information Sessions
Residence Life and Housing Operations will be conducting Room Reservation and Closing Information sessions on the following dates:
- Monday, April 4, 2022 from 11 a.m. - 12 p.m. (SEC Ballroom)
- Tuesday, April 5, 2022 from 7 - 8 p.m. (SEC Ballroom)
- Wednesday, April 6, 2022 from 9 - 10 p.m. (SEC Ballroom)
- Thursday, April 7, 2022 from 4:30 - 5:30 p.m. (SEC Ballroom)
It is important that all students attend one session to learn important information on how to reserve your room for the 2022-2023 academic year, as well as how to prepare for your check out in May. We look forward to seeing you at one of these meetings!
Upcoming Programming - March/April
- Campus Clean Up (Sky View Event)
- Saturday, March 19th, 9 a.m. - 11 a.m.
- Cardinal City Limits
- Saturday, March 19th 6 p.m. - 9 p.m. - Sky View Lot
- Holi, Festival of Colors
- Wednesday, March 23rd 11 a.m. - 5 p.m. - West Gate Circle
- Tacos, Tea, and Tips (Hillside Event)
- Thursday, April 7th 5 p.m. - 7 p.m. - Hillside Hall
- Viva UIW
- Wednesday, April 13th 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. - West Gate Circle
- Prom Night
- Thursday, April 21st 7 p.m. - 1 p.m. - Sky Room
- 2nd Annual Pancake Flip
- Sunday, May 1st 6 p.m. - 8 p.m. - Sky View Lot
Commonly Asked Questions
- Current $225 housing deposit rolls over. Do not submit a new deposit.
- Must be registered as a full-time student
- Please make sure you wait 24 hours after registering for classes before starting your application
- Begin online application after waiting 24 hours after registering as a full time student for following semester
- Log into Cardinal Apps
- Click on "StarRez: Student Housing Portal."
- Click on "Application"
- Select the term for which you want to apply
- Begin Application
- Log into Cardinal Apps
- Continue through all steps until you are stopped.
- You will be stopped after selecting a meal plan.
- You will be emailed a timeslot to select a room.
- You will only receive a timeslot if you are registered as a full time student
- Fall - you will be selecting your room in April for the Fall semester
- Spring - Your current room will roll over to the spring semester. You do not need to submit another application
Please note that if you are applying after June 15, you will be stopped after the meal plan page, and your status will state "in complete". Our office will be manually assigning students' room reservations according to the student's room preference listed on the housing application and our availability at that time.
We accept applications on a rolling basis, however please remember that all room assignments are made according to our availability at that time.
If you are receiving a deposit error message, first confirm that you have paid your deposit and they have allowed 24 hours for it to process on your account.
If this is not the case, please ensure that you have checked off the deposit acknowledgement box at the end of the sentence discussing the deposit procedure.