Student Employment Opportunities

Student Employment

UIW students may apply online for any available postings. Working as a student employee is an excellent way to make money while attending classes, as well as, gaining valuable work experience.

All students, including international students on F-1 or J-1 Visas, may only work up to 20 hours a week while classes are in session and during breaks.

If you are interested in the Federal Work Study Program which is different from Student Employment, please visit the Financial Aid Office for detailed information.

How to Apply for Student Employment

  • Visit our employment website and click on “student”.
  • Look through the available postings and click on “apply" for any position you are qualified for.
  • Keep in mind that some positions may require a resume to be attached. If you need assistance with writing or updating a resume, you may contact the Career Services department.
  • If your application is selected, you will be called in for an interview with the supervisor.
  • Once you have been hired, you must visit Human Resources to complete new hire paperwork.

Please note: Some positions on campus, such as being a Resident Assistant (RA) have their own unique system to hire students. If you are interested in becoming an RA, contact Residence Life at (210) 829-6034.

Please review the Student Employment Handbook (PDF) and Student Employment Training (PDF). This is a great reference for any questions you may have regarding your student employment position at UIW.

Contact Information

For any questions, please contact the Human Resources Department at 829-6019 or email at