Available Equipment for Student, Faculty and Staff
The UIW Library now circulates small audiovisual equipment to currently enrolled students as well as currently employed faculty and staff on a “first come, first served” basis. See a complete list of available equipment under the "Equipment List" tab.
- All equipment has a two-day checkout period (with the exception of certain devices, which have a three day (3) checkout period and laptops and the Canon camcorder which check out for seven (7) days). All library users wishing to check out equipment must sign an agreement which details policies for use and financial responsibilities associated with missing, broken, damaged equipment while in the person’s possession.
- Items are due back in the library 15 minutes before the library closes on the date the item is due. It is the patron’s responsibility to make themselves aware of library hours.
- Equipment is not considered returned unless all parts have been returned, including cables and cases. Fines accrue daily when the library is open.
- A replacement cost will be charged to the individual’s account when an item has reached its maximum overdue fine. For replacement costs and fines see Equipment List below. If the item is returned within 15 days of the patron’s notification of fine (via an emailed notice), the replacement cost fine will be forgiven once the item is returned to Mabee Library in good working condition. The replacement cost will not be forgiven if the item is returned over 15 days past the patron’s notification of the fine (via an emailed notice) and the item will be considered “Lost.”
- Persons with overdue, lost or damaged equipment will lose their ability to borrow additional equipment.
- Overdue fines will not be forgiven.
- All library fines are to be paid in the Business Office after they post to your student account.
- Replacement, repair and overdue charges for faculty will be charged to their department.
|Equipment List||Description||Checkout Period||Late Fees||Replacement Cost|
|Tablet||Windows/Dell Tablet||3 days||$20/day||$1400|
|Tablet Stylus||Stylus||3 days||$10/day||$80|
|Tablet Charger||Charger (2 pieces)||3 days||$10/day||$100|
|iPad||Apple Tablet||3 days||$20/day||$950|
|Epson Projector||Projector, Travel case included with case||2 days||$20/day||$1,000|
|Latitude 7450||Dell Laptop with case||7 days faculty & staff only||$20/day||$1,208|
|MAC Pro||Apple Laptop with case||7 days faculty & staff only||$20/day||$1,622|
|Nikon D3200 camera||Nikon camera body, AFX zoom lens, ED II lens, camera bag, memory card, battery, cables||7 days||$10/day||$429|
|Canon VIXIA HF M400 camcorder||camera bag, camcorder, power adapter two batteries, and sd card||7 days||$10/day||$539|
|JVC-GZ-R320 Camcorder||Quad-Proof HD memory camcorder, case and supplies included with case||7 days||$10/day||$520|
|CoolPix AW130||Nikon Point & Shoot Camera with case||7 days||$10/day||$283|
|Tascam Portable Audio Recorder||Digital hand-held recorder with case||2 days||$10/day||$130|
|Blue Snowball iCE Mic||USB condenser microphone with pack with case||2 days||$10/day||$70|
|Crown Audio Sound Grabber II||Pressure zone microphone with case||2 days||$10/day||$130|
|Tripods||Aluminum light weight with case||2 days||$10/day||$140|
|Misc Adapters/Chargers||Miscellaneous||2 days||$10/day||$50|
|Kensington Wireless Presenter with laser||Mouse clicker||2 days||$10/day||$35|
|Headset mics||Koss CS100 Headset Mic||2 days||$10/day||$25|
|GoPro Hero4||Head & chest straps, set kits, batteries, chargers etc. with case||7 days||$10/day||$550|
|Anchor 1000X+ Speaker||50 Watt Portable Speaker with case||2 days||$10/day||$350|
|Conference Phones||Digital||2 days||$10/day||$850|
Circulating Technology equipment is available on a first-come, first-served basis and cannot be reserved. Please contact the library’s circulation desk at 210.823.3836 if you have questions.
Stolen equipment must be reported immediately to the Mabee Library Circulation Supervisor 210-829-3836 and the local police department.
Note: Because these items are in high demand, an item is declared lost after it has been overdue for five days. With limited equipment available for students, staff, and faculty, we ask that you respect the circulation period for the equipment. If an item is declared lost, replacement fees are charged to individual’s account. If item is brought back in working condition within 15 days of being declared lost, overdue fees still apply but the replacement fee is removed.
View a downloadable copy of the guidelines and equipment.