State Compliance Information
- Texas Education Code - Chapter 51
- Only Chapter 51, Subchapter e-2 and e-3 apply to Sexual Misconduct Requirements
- Relevant Subchapters (PDF)
- Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board
Annual Compliance Reports
Under the Texas Education Code (TEC), Section 51.253(c), the institution’s Chief Executive Officer is required to submit a data report at least once during each fall or spring semester to the institution’s governing body and post on the institution’s internet website a report concerning the reports received by employees under the TEC, Section 51.252 the type of incident described in the employee’s report constitutes “sexual harassment,” “sexual assault,” “dating violence,” or “stalking” as defined in the TEC, Section 51.251, and any disciplinary actions taken under TEC, Section 51.255.
For the purposes of complying with the Chief Executive Officer’s reporting requirements under TEC, Section 51.253(c), the attached summary data report (Appendix A) includes all of the required reporting information to the UIW Board of Trustees for the academic year (June 1 – May 31). The summary data in Appendix A is categorized based on the reporting requirements under TEC, Section 51.253(c). The reports received may be applicable in multiple reporting categories, and therefore, the summary data in the categories may not add up to the totals of other categories.
As per the public reporting requirements under TEC, Section 51.253(c), the report is included below:
Note: Any additional reports received by the Title IX Coordinator that do not meet the required reporting criteria in the Texas Education Code have been omitted for the compliance purposes of this specific report. For more information on what the Texas Education code reporting criteria is, please reach out to Alexandria Salas Navey, Esq., Director of Title IX.
- Student Orientation – Fall 2021 (PDF)
- Student Orientation – Spring 2021 (PDF)
- Resident Assistant Training – 2021-2022 (PDF)
- Resident Assistant Training – 2020-2021 (PDF)
- ROTC Title IX and Sexual Misconduct Presentation – 2021-2022(PDF)
- Cozen O'Connors - Live Hearing Webinar (PDF)
- ICUT Session 2 - Introduction to New Regulations Initial Screening (PDF)
- ICUT Session 3 - Investigations (PDF)
- ICUT Session 4 - Hearings - Part 1 (PDF)
- ICUT Session 5 - Hearings - Part 2 (PDF)
- ICUT Session 6 - Title IX Litigation Update (PDF)
- ICUT Session 7 - Informal Resolution Restorative Justice (PDF)
- Title IX and Sexual Harassment Response – Fall 2020 (PDF)
- Deputy Coordinator and Advising Training – October 2020 (PDF)