"I promise you that Honors is one of those things that you're going to look back and say, "I'm glad that I did this."
Through the Honors Program, students gain
- Strengthened analytical skills
- Exposure to new ways of thinking and asking questions
- A comfortable environment for exploring provocative societal topics
- Opportunities to develop professional skills
The Honors Program at the University of the Incarnate Word adds a level of intellectual inquiry to stimulate curious minds. It provides a challenging curriculum and insightful programs, woven together with the concept of social justice. Included are co-curricular programs in various cultural and academic fields, leadership development,plus networking and service learning opportunities in and out of the classroom.
We help students through:
- A competitive study abroad scholarship offered annually.
- The $1000 Kara Caldwell Scholarship for those working to overcome personal hardship.
- A $25 per semester subsidy to help pay for cultural events attended around town.
- The Alvarez Endowed Student Scholarship, a renewable, merit and need based scholarship offered on a funds-available basis.
Honors housing is available to freshmen where students create a strong foundation in the "the Honors way."
Priority registration means that honors students register for their classes the day before other students, making their chances near 100% for obtaining their ideal schedule.
Early notification of and assistance finding job, internship and scholarship opportunities through the Honors Director.
Strong, supportive relationships with faculty members from mentorships, advising and coursework.
A tight-knit student community that supports each other in every imaginable way: socially, emotionally and academically. Study groups, movie nights, intramurals, and interesting discussions on hot topics are all part of the honors lifestyle. What's next is up to you!