Graduation is a significant milestone in your life, and we want to make it an enjoyable event in your educational career. To help you through the final stages to of your degree attainment, we encourage you to apply for graduation two to three semesters prior to the completion of your degree requirements.
Please make note of the following steps in the application and preparation processes for graduation and commencement, keeping in mind that you can discuss degree completion with your advisor at any time.
- Make an appointment with your advisor to review your DegreeWorks plan, transcript, and the checklist for graduation.
- Once you and your advisor have determined the ideal semester for completing your degree, submit the ONLINE GRADUATION APPLICATION in BannerWeb : Student Services > Student Records > Apply to Graduate, selecting the appropriate semester for graduation. Please note that a $50 graduation fee is required for all applicants and must be paid by credit card at the time of application submission.
- As applicable, submit ALL required documentation, including community service and substitution forms by the first week of your final semester.
***Note: You should apply for the semester in which you will complete your degree requirements and not for a particular commencement ceremony date.*
Once we receive your application for graduation, you will receive a degree audit that will provide you with details about graduation. Please note that graduation communication will only be addressed to your UIW student email. It is important that you regularly check your UIW email, as we will provide information about graduation there and may also request information from you in preparation for commencement. We also ask that you always keep your address with the university updated and that you inform us of any changes to your address. This is particularly critical during your final semester.
2022-2023 Graduation and Commencement Deadlines*
|Final Semester||First Application Deadline||Last Application Deadline to Ensure Tickets||Graduation Date||Commencement|
|Summer 2022||March 1, 2022||August 5, 2022||August 5, 2022||December 10, 2022|
|Fall 2022||May 1, 2022||August 26, 2022||December 9, 2022||December 10, 2022|
|Spring 2023||October 3, 2022||January 13, 2023||May 5, 2023||May 6, 2023|
*Please continue to monitor the current academic calendar for any date changes.
Still Have Questions?
- Information and updates related to commencement? Check the graduation menu link on the Registrar’s Office web page frequently.
- Questions about your degree requirements? Contact your advisor.
- Questions about the commencement ceremonies? Contact the Registrar’s Office at email@example.com.