December 2022 Commencement
Information regarding Fall 2022 Commencement will be shared directly with graduation candidates via email and on this page.
The information contained on this web page will help you meet the requirements and deadlines so that you may graduate on time. Please pay attention to deadlines and information contained in this web page as well as that sent to you as failure to do so may result in fees and may prevent you from graduating as you anticipate.
As you near the completion of your degree, you will receive notices from the Registrar's Office encouraging you to contact your academic advisor who, with you, will review your degree requirements to determine when you should apply to graduate. After we receive your application to graduate, we review your academic file to determine that you have met or will meet the requirements for your degree. At that time, all substitution forms must be submitted if not already provided to the Registrar's Office.
If you are an undergraduate student, you must have completed your Community Service by the first week of your final semester.
Fall 2022 Ceremony and Mass Information
Baccalaureate Mass for ALL candidates
Friday, December 9, 2022 - 6 p.m.
Hybrid Broadcast – Via Zoom and live in Our Lady’s Chapel
University of the Incarnate Word Campus
Commencement for Professional, Doctoral, Graduate, and Undergraduate Degrees
Saturday, December 10, 2022 - 10 a.m.
9:40 a.m. Processional
10 a.m. Ceremony
Joe and Harry Freeman Coliseum
3201 E. Houston Street, San Antonio, TX
Commencement Participation Policies
Your participation in the Commencement ceremonies is contingent upon you meeting the following conditions:
- You may participate in only one Commencement ceremony per degree. If you previously participated in a Commencement ceremony for the degree you wish to receive, you may not participate in subsequent Commencement ceremonies.
- You must be continuously enrolled in courses required to complete your degree. If you drop required courses, you are not eligible to participate in the ceremonies.
- Your balance in the Business Office must be clear, with no holds remaining on your account.
- Your attendance in the Commencement ceremonies does not indicate that you completed your degree.
Want the maximum number of tickets?
- Apply to graduate by the posted deadline (see Academic Calendar)
- Resolve graduation deficiencies early
- Do not change your schedule once you are cleared to graduate
- Return all required forms on time
It is important that you respond to requests for information from you so that we will know whether or not to anticipate both your graduation and your participation in the Commencement ceremonies.
- Application Process
- Cap and Gown Information
- Commencement Photography
- Commencement Communication
- Degree Requirements
- Diploma Replacement Form (PDF)
- Disability Services
- UIW Facilities and Maps
- Ceremony and Baccalaureate Blessing Information (PDF)
- Graduation Honors
- Honor Cords/Sashes
- Live Web-Streaming
The virtual ceremony will also be saved for later viewing at the link above in the "ON DEMAND" tab
All other questions regarding Commencement should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.